Monday, January 29, 2007

What direction will IT take in 2007?

By: Clive Longbottom

Nice article I read,...

As we bid farewell to 2006 and begin to see the realities of 2007 (ie, no real change to the problems we had in 2006), I thought I would have a look at what could change 2007 into a more interesting year in the IT space.

First, wouldn't it be great to get more IT and line of business people working together? For this to happen we need to change the nomenclatures used, and provide enabling technologies that allow business processes to be matched with technical capabilities, and vice versa. Sounds like a job for service oriented architectures (SOA).

Second, I would like to see greater harmony within the supplier community.

Third, I would like to see the death of the massively overpriced mobile data plan.

Fourth, I would like to see much greater use of networking at home.

...

read more

No comments: